Recipe by A la Carte
A very rich side, sinfully delish served with grilled pork, or any meat really! From The River Cafe, London. This sauce would be good with grilled pork tenderloin, or steaks, with a spoon... :-)
Top Review by Debi
This is a wonderful dish for those that like Blue cheese. The flavours are intense and a perfect compliment to the crispy asparagus. What a delightfully different side dish which my son and I loved - while DH who's not a blue cheese fan was less impressed. More for us!
- 1133.98 g asparagus, trimmed
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 28.34 g butter
- 198.44 g gorgonzola
- 56.69 g mascarpone
- 59.14 ml fresh basil leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter very gently in a medium sized sauce pan and then add the gorgonzola. Heat until the cheese is softened, but don't allow it to become liquid, you want it just warm.
- Add the mascarpone, fresh basil, a little salt and some freshly ground pepper and remove from the heat.
- Briefly blanch the asparagus in a generous amount of boiliing salted water (about 2 minutes). Drain the asparagus and dry.
- Put the asparaus onto warmed plates. Pour over the sauce and serve with the fresh parmesan.