Recipe by DailyInspiration
A great way to dress up asparagus with this Asian-flavored dressing. Recipe is from Bon Appetit.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Stir sesame seeds in a heavy small skillet over low heat until light brown, about 3 minutes; transfer to a small bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, ginger, orange peel and garlic in another small bowl. Gradually whisk in both oils. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus on plates. Spoon vinaigrette over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.