Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great way to dress up asparagus with this Asian-flavored dressing. Recipe is from Bon Appetit.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (or to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Stir sesame seeds in a heavy small skillet over low heat until light brown, about 3 minutes; transfer to a small bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, ginger, orange peel and garlic in another small bowl. Gradually whisk in both oils. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus on plates. Spoon vinaigrette over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Perfect with today's baked ham. I loved the sesame dressing. It made a lovely veggie the star of the plate. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish. The asparagus were wonderful prepared in this manner. Firm, yet sweet and tender. The dressing was amazing, zesty and full of flavor. Even the picky dh enjoyed it. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Made as written, FYC Tag Game 2015