Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wonderful vinaigrette can be made up ahead of time and served either hot or cold. Another recipe from the Cooking Light archives.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed
- Combine first 10 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Combine vinegar mixture and asparagus; toss well.
- To serve: Cut the aspargus up into lengths and cook until tender crisp. Drain. Add the vinaigrette and chill. Serve either chilled or at room temperature ~or~ roast the asparagus in a little olive oil for 10 minutes in a 450 oven. Add the vinaigrette after 8 minutes cooking. Shake the tray and cook for another 2 minutes.