Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Food Section of Dallas Morning News, est. 1994.
Make and share this Asparagus With Garlic, Ginger and Sesame recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, diced or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (or 2 teaspoons dried chives, softened by sitting in 2 tbl water)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Trim the tougher woody base from the asparagus stalks.
- Cut stalks on the bias into 1-1/2" segments; reserve.
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and chile flakes (if desired).
- Cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus cooking while continuously stirring until tender but still crunchy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice, tossing to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add chives.
- Transfer to serving dish and add sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
We just LOVED this recipe. If you want to spice up your Asparagus a bit, this is a great way to do it!