Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fried fish from china.
- 2 tablespoons lee kum kee black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cornstarch roux
- 6 1⁄2 ounces fried dace with black beans, drain off the oil
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine the black bean, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper and blend well and set aside until needed.
- Heat a wok over high heat add oil and when the oil start to smoke add black bean mixture and asparagus and stir fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the clam juice; oyster sauce and sugar bring to a boil. After 4 minute add cornstarch roux to thicken the sauce. Blend in the dace strips and green onion and blend well.
- You can buy the fried dace fish with black bean from a Chinese store.