Recipe by Lorac
Looks as great as it tastes! A wonderful combination of flavors. Simple, quick and easy. Photo was shows recipe made with "grilled" asparagus.
Top Review by scooter0
This recipe was so good, specially the sauce. I made the lemon yogourt chicken as well and after baking the chicken the yogourt sauce had evaporated a bit so I poured the tomato sauce on the chicken as well as the asparagus. It was delicious. My husband does not like yogourt and he loved it.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (regular, low fat, or fat free)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup diced tomato (about 2 medium size)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus in 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook in boiling salted water until just tender but still bright green* (Tip- Watch the cut surface. When the white center changes from opaque to translucent, check for doneness) Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- While asparagus is cooking, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomatoes, salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a flat plate and spoon the sauce across the center.
- Serve at room temperature.