Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe for asparagus. The recipe was created for the Stockon CA. Asparagus Festival and comes from KCRA TV.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces italian Fontina cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Clean and snap ends off of asparagus, Cook asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cream and fontina cheese.
- Cook, stirring until the cheese melts and the cream has thickened and reduced by half--1 to 2 minutes.
- Season slightly with salt.
- Drain the asparagus and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place asparagus on platter, spoon on cream sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve at once.
A nice fancy way to serve asparagus if you are having dinner guests. I steamed fresh asparagus and drizzled this sauce over it, serving while hot. I think the cheese gives this dish enough salt flavor, but it was fine with a bit added also. This was rich and tasty - a real treat. Thanks for posting!