Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 14 ounces asparagus
- 4 (8 3/4 ounce) fish steaks
- 1 3⁄4 ounces butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups fish stock
- 6 5⁄8 ounces eau de vie ("Jenever" - from Belgium or Holland)
- cayenne pepper
- smoked ham
- Cook the asparagus in salted water.
- Season the fish steaks with salt and pepper.
- Coat them with a mixture of 1,5 teaspoon mustard, 50 g- 1,75 oz.
- butter, 100 g- 3,5 oz.
- breadcrumbs, chopped chives and nutmeg.
- Put the fish in an oven dish and pour the fish stock and the eau the vie (Jenever) over them.
- Leave for 20 minutes in a preheated oven of 180° C- 355 ° F.
- Remove the fish steaks from the oven dish and add a lump of butter to the sauce.
- Season with cayenne pepper and some saffron.
- Heat the asparagus in the sauce.
- Put the fish and the asparagus on 4 warm dishes.
- Garnish with sauce and strips of smoked ham.