Recipe by dividend
This is one of my favorite suppers for eating alone. The combination of flavors is just unbeatable! [Solo Suppers - Joyce Goldstein]
Top Review by jess21
My oven runs a bit low so I had a hard time getting my eggs to set. I left them in for 5 more minutes but still had to turn the broiler on to finish them. The extra cooking didn't seem to hurt though, and it was fast and easy!
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap off the tough ends from the asparagus, and peel the lower half if the stalks are thick.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, and cook the asparagus until just tender, 5 - 8 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water to set the color, and drain again. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Grease a small gratin dish with about half the butter. Arrange the asparagus spears, tips facing the same direction, in the prepared dish. Drape the prosciutto over the top, tucking the ends under.
- Break the eggs over the asparagus, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, and grind on some pepper.
- Cut the remaining butter into bits and dot the eggs and asparagus evenly.
- Bake until the whites are set and the yokes are still runny, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Eat piping hot.