Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This simple, tasty recipe comes from Australian site www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au This dish serves 4 for a light lunch or 6 as an entrée or side dish. Remember not to overcook the asparagus!
- 3 tablespoons capers, tiny
- 15 ml olive oil
- 80 g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 asparagus, bunches
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- black pepper, Freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Crisp the capers in the olive oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frypan. Remove when crispy and drain on kitchen paper.
- Shave the parmesan with a vegetable peeler.
- Snap ends off the asparagus spears to a uniform length.
- Steam the asparagus over boiling water until just cooked and bright green, not overcooked and khaki coloured (approx. 5 minutes).
- Divide asparagus between four serving plates. Top with chopped egg, shaved parmesan and crisped capers.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- serve immediately.