Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Supposedly this easy side dish is vegetarian, low fat, low sodium, low carb, and heart healthy. They say it goes well with a grilled cheese or a grilled salmon. . .it truly works with a lot of different dishes. Recipe from Eating Well and placed here for safe keeping!
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (see Tip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine butter, curry powder, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl, creating a curry butter.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the curry butter into the asparagus; toss to coat and serve.
This was a simple and tasty side dish I served with Salmon Tika. I used my cast iron frying pan and kicked up the heat to give the asparagus a little bit of char. The lemon and curry are great together. Made for ZWT by one of The Wild Bunch.
A great way to cook asparagus that we served with pan-grilled chicken. Super easy and gluten-free too. Reviewed for ZWT8 visit in India. Photo also to be posted
Thank you for posting this, I saw it also on Eating well and tried it - FABULOUS!!! I was so happy to save it for future use :) We had it with salmon and it really was a delicious twist for asparagus.