Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be served as a first course or a side dish. Serving it cold means it can be prepared well in advance.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley or 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- Steam or microwave asparagus until just tender, cool.
- Whisk yogurt with lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Stir in parsley or cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve asparagus with the dressing.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
I used parsley and felt it overpowered the dish. It also seemed to "need" a little something. Garlic maybe. It was nice to try something different, but I probably will try something else next time.
This was good asparagus but DH didn't care for the cilantro, next time I will use the parsley. I have to agree unless you are a cilantro lover, you should use the parsley. i felt it overpowered the aspargus, but we loved the sesame and the walnuts were a lovely finish. I'm sure we would love the dressing with parsley, it was nice and creamy! Thaks Tebo!