Recipe by CIndytc
I got this recipe out of the new Deen Brothers Good Cooking Magazine and I just loved it...I used Brownwood Farms Kream Mustard instead of Spicy Bron Mustard....it was wonderful..
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 29.58 ml spicy brown mustard
- 0 brownwood farms kream mustard
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 907.18 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set Aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, mustard, lemon juice, and salt; set sauce aside.
- In a dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; return to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain well. Place asparagus on a serving plate, and top with cream sauce and buttered almonds.