Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this recipe out of the new Deen Brothers Good Cooking Magazine and I just loved it...I used Brownwood Farms Kream Mustard instead of Spicy Bron Mustard....it was wonderful..
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- brownwood farms kream mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Set Aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, mustard, lemon juice, and salt; set sauce aside.
- In a dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; return to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain well. Place asparagus on a serving plate, and top with cream sauce and buttered almonds.