Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dressing is very good with both asparagus and broccoli. From the March 1995 Bon Appetit.
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain; rinse under cold water.
- Drain; pat asparagus dry.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; wrap in paper towels and plastic bags; refrigerate).
- Toss mushrooms with lemon juice in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk cream and mustard in small bowl to blend; gradually whisk in oil.
- Let mushroom mixture and dressing stand 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Arrange asparagus on platter.
- Whisk tarragon into dressing.
- Drain mushrooms well and return to bowl.
- Mix in dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mushroom dressing over asparagus and serve.