Top Review by Boomette
I steamed the asparagus. And then made the sauce. It was done in just a few minutes. Very good but next time I'll add more dijon mustard. Thanks Sharon :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus spear (or one 10 oz. package frozen spears)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup skim milk (or if not diabetic, whole milk)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash white pepper (or black)
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off and discard the woody bases of the fresh aspargus. Cook the fresh asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Or better yet steam for 8-10 minutes till tender. If frozen, cook according to package directions. Drain asparagus; transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- To make the sauce:.
- In a small saucepan stir together milk and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in mustard and pepper.
- Spoon sauce atop asparagus. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!