Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice dish for asparagus lovers. Perfect for spring and summer.
- 907.18 g asparagus, fresh
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 59.16 ml butter, separated
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Snap asparagus of the woody ends.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter over medium heat. Add asparagus and saute until crisp tender. Set pan with asparagus aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in the remaining butter, until onion is soft and translucent. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, and salt until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Add the parsley, and dill.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream.
- Quickly warm asparagus then transfer to serving platter.
- Top with dill cream sauce.