Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice dish for asparagus lovers. Perfect for spring and summer.
- 2 lbs asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, separated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup sour cream
- Snap asparagus of the woody ends.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter over medium heat. Add asparagus and saute until crisp tender. Set pan with asparagus aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in the remaining butter, until onion is soft and translucent. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, and salt until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Add the parsley, and dill.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream.
- Quickly warm asparagus then transfer to serving platter.
- Top with dill cream sauce.