The star of this dish is the sauce. Another stunner from Martha Stewart! Use this sauce in or with almost anything from poached salmon to artichokes. This asparagus dish is excellent served with grilled quail, or tuna, a roasted mushroom risotto and a bottle of Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Noir! Heaven on earth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the asparagus, cut off the tough end of each stalk so that all are approximately the same length.(* Martha says to peel but I skip this step.).
- 2Boil for about three-four minutes, or until al dente.
- 3In a small, nonreactive saucepan, combine the shallots, wine, salt, and vinegar.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid has been reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- 6The liquid must be just warm enough to incorporate the butter but not hot enough to liquefy it.
- 7Whisk in the butter, a piece at a time, until the mixture is well blended and creamy. If the mixture becomes too cool and the butter will not incorporate, return the pan to low heat for a moment or two.
- 8When all butter is incorporated and the mixture is smooth, whisk in the cornichons.
- 9Serve immediately over the asparagus.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Cornichon Beurre Blanc
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.5
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 541.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: