1/1 Photo of Asparagus With Cheese Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
Quick and easy to make in the microwave. The sauce is absolutely luscious over the crisp spears.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large micro-wave safe glass bowl, heat butter about 50 seconds on high, or until melted.
- 2Whisk in the 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 cup of heated milk.
- 3Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- 4Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes, pausing to whisk thoroughly every 30 seconds.
- 5Season to taste with salt and whisk again.
- 6Set cheese sauce aside.
- 7Bend asparagus until they break at a natural point; discard ends.
- 8Place asparagus spears in a microwavable glass covered dish, with half the spears going one way, and half the spears going the other way.
- 9Add 1/4 cup water to the dish.
- 10Cook, covered, for 6-7 minutes on high, pausing to turn dish every 2 minutes and checking asparagus for doneness.
- 11Reheat sauce for 1 minute on high before adding to asparagus, if necessary (you may not need all the sauce).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.9
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 1125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g