Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is best prepared in a wok, but can be made in a skillet with high sloped sides. This dish combines a delicious array of flavors that will compliment almost any dinner.
- 680.38 g asparagus
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml ginger, minced
- 118.29 ml shiitake mushroom
- 118.29 ml roasted cashews
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- Preheat wok or skillet to medium high or 325.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Pour oils around top of a preheated wok or skillet for 2 minutes. Add ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, and stir fry 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add cashews and soy sauce; toss gently.
Mmmm Mmmmm Good. I had to use cremini mushies but they still tasted good in the dish. This made a wonderfully flavorful side for the grilled chicken and ginger garlic rice. I'm a great cashew fan and really loved their use here. I would be happy to have this again and again.
Maybe just be the perfect spring side! If you love asparagus, cashew and Asian flavors you must try this wonderful and very simple side. I almost left out the shiitake as they are a bit price but am glad I did not. Thanks for the great side.
Great, simple recipe but I added minced garlic and chopped onion before adding finely grated ginger to the oil. Followed the rest of the recipe and at the end, I added a cup water,mixed with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 Tbsp soy sauce to the veggies which made it a little saucy and yummy. I served it with grilled salmon and everyone loved it at the Easter potluck. .