Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A simple stir-fry side dish from the Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, fine chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut off the tough lower stems of the asparagus and discard.
- Cut each stalk diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Heat the oils together in a wok over high heat.
- Add the ginger and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the asparagus and stir-fry until tender but still crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews and soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
So simple and so delicious! So quick to make....really loved this! Thanks for sharing!
Forgot to rate this! It was wonderful. Can asparagus be anything else? We liked the taste of the ginger with it. This went very well along with grilled thai chicken. I'll make this again!
What can I say â€“ Asparagus is my favorite vegetable! This was simple yet so delicious. I never thought of using ginger with asparagus. This will be a great recipe to experiment with. Thanks for posting! Oh, I'm from Los Jefes de la Cocina for ZWT4.