Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple way to add flavor to asparagus. I like to add some herbs (tarragon, basil, thyme), or whatever sounds good at the time to the butter.
- Place asparagus in a large skillet.
- Pour chicken broth over asparagus; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 8 minutes for thick asparagus (less time for thin spears) or until desired tenderness.
- Combine butter and cashews; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Serve cashew butter with cooked asparagus.
Love asparagus, and this was a really nice way to prepare it. I think next time I will drain all the liquid from the skillet and then add the cashew butter so it melts. That way the asparagus will be nice and warm when you eat it. Thanks for sharing! Made for Bargain Basement Tag game.