Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice tasty side dish for those (like me) who like asparagus. Really easy and quick to make.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp; drain, break into pieces and set aside.
- Pour off and reserve the excess bacon drippings.
- Saute the onion rings and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Cook the onions and garlic, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the onions turn a rich golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the drippings back into the skillet and saute the asparagus spears for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- The asparagus should remain crunchy but still cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place in a serving bowl, top with the onions and sprinkle with the bacon.
I tried this recipe and it was great the bacon and onions really enhance the asparagus and it was simple to make. I will definetly make this again