Recipe by Annacia
This is wonderful when that spring asparagus arrives on the supermarket shelves. I've also made this using lime with great results. This makes a light amount of the drizzle double it if you would like all of the asparagus well coated.
Top Review by awalde
This recipe had a great success in my family as it was DELICIOUS!
I had asparagus on hand and all the other ingredients and as I saw your recipe I asked my DH if he agrees to try this...with lemon and mint? Yes, will see.
The sauce resulted very creamy and the butter-lemon juice combination resulted very cream. The mint addition was the non plus ultram!
Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful recipe; you are really a great cooker and teacher!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (chopped as large or fine as you like)
- lemon zest, grated for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer, steam or roast the asparagus until tender but still firm.
- Use a paper towel to remove any residual water from the asparagus.
- Place the butter in a microwave proof container (I use a glass measuring cup) along with the lemon juice and chopped mint.
- While the asparagus is cooking warm the butter to the point where it's not quite all melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir to finish melting the butter and mix the lemon juice and mint nicely together.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the still hot asparagus.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the top if using.