Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Posted for ZWT7- Italy. Found on alleasyrecipes.com.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard. Wash the asparagus thoroughly.
- Put the tips of the asparagus together evenly and, with a sharp knife, cut off any parts extending beyond about 6 inches.
- Cut these trimmings into 1-inch pieces. Place them in a covered casserole with the water.
- Cook in the microwave oven for 2 to 3 minutes, depending upon their toughness. Add the remaining asparagus, putting the butt end toward the outer edges of the baking dish. Cover and cook until barely tender. (This should take about 6 to 8 minutes.).
- Remove asparagus to a serving dish, putting the cut pieces in the bottom of the dish and placing the spears attractively on top.
- Melt the butter in a small container in the microwave oven. Pour evenly over the asparagus. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Return to the microwave oven to reheat for 30 seconds. Serve.
This was a great quick way to make asparagus. Mine were really thin so it only took 2-3 minutes total in the microwave. Thanks for sharing CJAY. Make for What's on the Menu tag.
This was great, I've never cooked asparagus in the microwave before but it was quick and easy and turned out great.
Simple but nice. Reviewed for ZWT 7.