Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
The sauce can be prepared up to 1 week in advance....freeze for up to 2 months. The asparagus can be cooked early in the day and rinse with cold water. Reheat quickly in boiling water. I found that there was too much sauce for our liking, so I cut the recipe in half. Weight Watcher friendly = 1 point
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sauce: In a small skillet, whisk together sauce ingredients. Heat gently just until warm, about 1 minute.
- Either steam or boil asparagus for 3 minutes or just until asparagus turns bright green and is tender crisp. Drain. Pour sauce over top. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.