Recipe by Normaone
All of the work in this recipe can be done in advance. Keep the butter at room temperature and refrigerate the asparagus until ready to cook.
Top Review by Jules127
I thought this was good, but others couldn't stop raving about it. I made it for Easter dinner yesterday at my in-laws and there were 42 people there (so I scaled the recipe to 10 lbs.) It was great to prep in advance, but the parmesan butter was more like a sauce than a coating which I had thought. I gave 4 stars because of the raves I got.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2+1/2oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the asparagus until just crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a broilerproof platter.
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat butter in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Drop butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over asparagus.
- Broil until topping browns, about 3 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Serve hot.