Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
All of the work in this recipe can be done in advance. Keep the butter at room temperature and refrigerate the asparagus until ready to cook.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (2+1/2oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the asparagus until just crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a broilerproof platter.
- Preheat broiler.
- Beat butter in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Drop butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over asparagus.
- Broil until topping browns, about 3 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Serve hot.
I thought this was good, but others couldn't stop raving about it. I made it for Easter dinner yesterday at my in-laws and there were 42 people there (so I scaled the recipe to 10 lbs.) It was great to prep in advance, but the parmesan butter was more like a sauce than a coating which I had thought. I gave 4 stars because of the raves I got.
Everyone thought it was great! Made this for St. Patrick's day and the asparagus went well with the corned beef & potatoes. Will definately be making it again! Thank you for providing me with my new favorite way to make asparagus!