Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is amazing! I can't seem to make my asparagus any other way now. It came from Bon Appétit magazine. I also use Parmesan-Reggiano.
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange asparagus on broilerproof platter. Preheat broiler.
- Beat butter in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drop butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over asparagus.
- Broil asparagus until topping browns, watching closely to avoid burning, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Thanks for posting this. The topping is delicious. I'm on a lime kick right now, so I subbed lime juice for the lemon juice and we really enjoyed the mix of flavors. Even the 2-year-old willingly ate this!
This was great! I did use dried basil and I can`t wait for my home grown garden basil to make this again. The lemon and garlic came through really nice with the creaminess of the butter and saltiness off the cheese. Good Stuff!!Thanks!
This is very good, but it's something we won't make frequently because of the calorie and fat content.