Recipe by nsomniak6
This is amazing! I can't seem to make my asparagus any other way now. It came from Bon Appétit magazine. I also use Parmesan-Reggiano.
Top Review by Sonata
Thanks for posting this. The topping is delicious. I'm on a lime kick right now, so I subbed lime juice for the lemon juice and we really enjoyed the mix of flavors. Even the 2-year-old willingly ate this!
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange asparagus on broilerproof platter. Preheat broiler.
- Beat butter in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in cheese, basil, garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drop butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over asparagus.
- Broil asparagus until topping browns, watching closely to avoid burning, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.