Michael Kinsel's Note:
Asparagus with a nice Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar taste. The bacon adds flavor and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(Optional) cook an additional 8 slices of bacon to wrap around asparagus into bundles (2 slices each bundle).
- 2Cook bacon until nice and crispy; remove to paper towels to drain. (If wrapping into bundles, cook 8 slices of bacon so that bacon is cooked, but NOT crispy. Crispy bacon is very difficult to wrap around the asparagus if it is too crispy).
- 3Steam the asparagus for 4 – 6 minutes.
- 4Remove some of the bacon grease from the pan, leaving two to three tablespoons. In a large fry pan or Wok, add onion, butter, bacon grease and cook onion until soft. Add asparagus to the pan and sauté over medium to low heat for about 4 minutes, turning asparagus every 15 seconds.
- 5Put in a bowl and toss with the mustard and vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6(Optional) Split Asparagus into 4 bundles and wrap with 2 slices of bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 814.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar