Recipe by J'aime Faye
Shop Smart: Buy asparagus with tightly closed, slightly purple-tipped heads, and healthy, hydrated stem ends. The thicker the asparagus, the stronger the flavor.
- 2 lbs medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 ounce chunk asiago cheese or 1 -2 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus. Spread the spears in a single layer in a shallow baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roll to coat thoroughly.
- Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through. Spread the roasted asparagus on a serving platter. Grind a generous amount of pepper over and shave the Asiago into wide flakes on top. Tear the prosciutto into ragged pieces and scatter on top Serve warm or at room temperature.