Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This one comes from Eating Well Magazine. Don't let the anchovies put you off. They add a nutty, salty flavor and along with the garlic and crushed red pepper, this dish is delicious.
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 1 anchovy fillet, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovy paste (or anchovy fillet) stirring constantly until garlic is fragrant and anchovy melts.
- Add asparagus and water and cook stirring occasionally until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.