- 1 lb asparagus, cut into pieces
- 2 cans white kidney beans (drained & rinsed) or 2 cans great northern beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 medium shallot (diced)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saute pan, cover the asparagus with salted water and boil until just tender (they begin to turn bright green). Immediately remove the asparagus from heat a place in an ice bath. Drain and combine asparagus, beans and red pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for dressing and stir together. Coat salad with dressing, if extra remains reserve for later in refrigerator. Salad can soften too much if left in pooled dressing.