Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Cooking Light, this makes a great side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and asparagus and sauté 5 minutes until tender.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and spices and add to skillet, stir well, cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Top with pecans and bacon.
Very good flavor! Easy to make and delicious to boot! Will make again.
OH MAN!Thanks for posting this one!!This is fantastic.Just the right amount of sweet to really bring out the asparagus flavor..yum yum!I could even see a few of those sweet grape tomatos added at the last 5 minutes of cooking to add some color.This is a wonderful way to fix asparagus!