Top Review by Derf
A friend gave me a bottle of white asparagus, I didn't want to cook it so was looking for a dressing. Dancer this was the perfect dressing! I didn't have any cherry tomatoes so I used large diced regular tomato, it worked just fine. We loved the flavours with the asparagus and tomato and the buttered breadcrumbs made a wonderful crunch, a great finish to the recipe. Thanks for sharing I will be making this again!
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons buttered and toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus spears until tender; drain and place on serving platter.
- In small jar with tight-fitting lid, shake together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and salt.
- When ready to serve (can be served warm or at room temperature), pour vinaigrette evenly over asparagus, sprinkle with bread crumbs and garnish with cherry tomato halves.