Recipe by Barb G.
This is a delightful salad. It is nice for a spring luncheon,especially with the fresh taste of asparagus. Chill time not included.
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- lettuce leaf
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients; Add radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley, and chives.
- In a large skillet, bring 2 cups water to a boil; Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place asparagus in ICE WATER; drain and pat dry.
- Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top; cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- With a slotted spoon, remove aspargus; arrange over lettuce.
- Garnish with boiled eggs and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing to taste, enjoy.