William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe appeared recently in one of our local newspapers. As it is the asparagus season, this makes a great soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped small
- 30 stalks fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions, garlic, asparagus and potatoes and cook until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove 12 asparagus tips and reserve for garnish.
- 4Add chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- 5Puree soup in a food processor or blender until smooth, then return to saucepan.
- 6Add half-and-half cream and heat through, but do not boil.
- 7Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 8Serve garnished with grated cheese and reserved asparagus tips.
- 9This soup can be chilled and served cold.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Vichyssoise
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 971.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: