Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very yummy. If you love asparagus....this is for you! From Rachael Ray's Get Together cookbook.
- 20 thin asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Trim asparagus by snapping tough ends off.
- Use only thin fresh asparagus.
- Bring wine and water to a simmer, add asparagus.
- Cook, covered 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain asparagus liquid into food processor.
- Cut tips off asparagus at and angle and reserve.
- Cut the remaining spears into 1 inch pieces and puree in processor along with the liquid.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in vegetable stock and bring liquid to a bubble.
- Whisk in asparagus stock and return to a bubble.
- Season soup and stir in cream.
- Cook to thicken slightly.
- Serve in bowls topped with reserved asparagus tips and tarragon or chives.