Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light salad with a lot of flavor. The dressing makes this salad standout. I like to make it and eat for lunch, or when having a friend over. Makes quite a bit. I sometimes make the dressing and store in the refrigerator and cut ingredients in half.
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups torn butter lettuce
ORANGE GINGER VINAIGRETTE
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil for 1 minute. Add asparagus; cover and boil 3 minutes longer. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, carrots and asparagus.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
So very very yummy good! I used grain mustard and added some sesame oil. Thanks this was wonderful!
OMG - so yummy! I used green beans instead of asparagus and it was so good!! The vinaigrette was out of this world! I cut the calories just a tad by using light OJ and 4 tsp oil. This dressing would be good on a million different salads! What I really love is that this is so easy to make and that I always have these ingredients at home - AND it's easy to do it just by feel, no measuring needed! Thanks for a recipe that's going into my book#172809 cookbook!