Recipe by s'kat
This salad is a refreshing change from the usual bed of lettuce! Cook time is blanching of asparagus.
Top Review by KelseyE
I served this salad with a traditional Christmas dinner (turkey, ham, etc) and not only was it festive in appearance, but delicious! I received many raves. I made too much, though, and it really tasted best up to a day left over when it is fresh. Thanks s'kat.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch asparagus briefly in boiling water on stove top, then plunge into ice cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Chop asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- In large bowl combine asparagus and tomato.
- Add basil, sea salt and pepper.
- Stir in feta, toss, and refrigerate.
- Before serving, toss with balsamic vinegar.