Recipe by Sage
This is the type of salad that you can add whatever you want to the basic asparagus and tomatoes. Be creative--your guests will love it.
Top Review by Bhappy's kitchen
I would recommend roasting your own red peppers, the ones in the jar are too soft, and end up dropping to the bottom of the bowl. I used grape tomatoes, so the tomatoes don't end up getting mushy. We also would suggest only using half the dressing, and reserving the rest for another day.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cooked chopped
- 1 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 5 slices roasted red peppers, chopped (jar)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 basil leaves, slivered
- 10 chives, chopped
- lettuce leaf
- parmesan cheese, slivers
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine asparagus, tomato, red pepper, green pepper and onions; set aside.
- Make your vinaigrette by mixing together vinegar,garlic, salt and pepper. While whisking add olive oil.
- Stir in basil and chives.
- Drizzle over vegetables; let sit 2 hours.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plate.
- Spoon on the salad.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.