Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A crispy and yummy way to enjoy asparagus! Tip: Keep the tempura warm in a 200-degree oven until ready to serve. Everyday with Rachel Ray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and honey.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until the temperature registers 375 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sesame seeds, salt, and baking soda.
- Whisk in the seltzer until smooth.
- Add the asparagus to the batter and turn to coat with a pair of tongs.
- Transferring one piece at a time, add about one-quarter of the asparagus to the hot oil and cook, turning, until golden and crisp, 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining asparagus, allowing the oil to return to 375 degrees between batches.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce.