1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Runner's World. Try this tart made just for the runner. It's packed with protein and carbs making it the perfect post-run breakfast item. By Chef Joe Carei (Published 08/30/2006)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRUST
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal (coarser is better)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
FOR THE FILLING
- 1PREPARE THE CRUST:
- 2Bring stock to a boil, whisk in cornmeal slowly. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; stir frequently the first four minutes, then mix every few minutes, always stirring in the same direction.
- 3When the polenta pulls away from the side of the pot, it's done. Add pepper and mix. Spread polenta evenly in a pie pan.
- 4PREPARE THE FILLING:.
- 5Snap off the bottoms of each asparagus. Cut into two-inch pieces and blanch for three minutes in boiling water. Set aside.
- 6Clean roasted pepper and cut into strips.
- 7Whisk together eggs and add milk, onion, salt, and pepper.
- 8In bottom of shell, place peppers and asparagus.
- 9Top with cheeses.
- 10Pour egg mix over all and bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Tart With Dill Polenta Crust
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 224.9 mg
- Sodium 1479.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers