Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sourdough bread or 1 French baguette, loaf
- sliced julienne strips bell pepper
- snipped fresh basil
- shaved parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Coarsely chop bell peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add peppers and garlic; cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until peppers are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place in blender or food processor and puree until smooth; stir in vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus spears in boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon red pepper sauce on a platter and arrange asparagus over sauce.
- Garnish with bell pepper, basil and Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve with baguette slices.