Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great side-dish with a lot of great flavors.
- 1 lb asparagus, steamed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Steam asparagus for ten minutes, then arrange in an ungreased baking dish (any size will do).
- Melt butter and mix in soup mix and pour over asparagus. (If you don't want to use all the butter, cut the stick in half and replace with as much water.).
- Top with mozzarella cheese (as much as you want!).
- Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden-brown around edges. Serve hot.
I microwaved the asparagus for about 4 min. instead of steaming them. I only used about 2 tbsp. of butter and water as well as only about 3 tbsp. of the onion soup mix. I just couldn't bring myself to add that much fat and salt. I did make up for it though in the amount of cheese. LoL! I must have put at least 2 cups on top and baked it the last 15 min. along with my pork chops at 350 degrees. Delicious! Made for PAC Spring '08. :)
This was very good. I thought the onion/butter mixture would be strong because there was no other liquid besides the melted butter, but it wasn't strong at all I baked it at 375 because I don't like my cheese brown I had it with Meatloaf DeluxeI will be making this again. Thank you Nanny for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
Wow what a great taste. I did make some changes though. I didn't add the butter and I only added about 1/4 of the dry onion soup packet. It had a great taste. Will be making again. Made for Fall PAC 2007.