A yummy and simple way to use fresh asparagus. I was inspired to write this recipe after watching my almost-4-year-old picky eater gobble up a mixture of orzo and sundried tomatos at Trader Joe's. The asparagus can easily be changed to another vegetable; I have successfully used brussels sprouts with a very pleasing result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 430 f. Wash asparagus, trim off woody ends, and then cut asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces. Combine in a baking dish with olive oil, garlic, and salt. Roast asparagus in oven for ~15 minutes, until just fork tender. Let cool slightly.
- 2Cook orzo in salted water, according to package directions.
- 3Cut tomatoes into small pieces or slices.
- 4Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus, Sundried Tomato, and Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 72.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g