Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken Breast Stuffed with fresh Asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Rinse the fresh aspargus and cut the thick bottoms off the end. You want them to be a little shorter than the chicken breast.
- Then place them in a bowl and drizzle Extra virgin olice oil over the asparagus.
- Lightly salt and pepper the asparagus.
- Find a knife in your drawer that is roughly the width of your pointer and middle finger together.
- Take a chicken breast and slowly insert the knife horizontally in the thicker side of the breast. You want it to come out in the middle close to the end of the other side of the breasts. So go slow and be careful.
- Take four peices of asparagus and put them side by side in the whole you made in the breast. Repeat process for the other breast.
- In a pan drizzle extra virgin olive oil and heat to medium.
- Add garlic to the pan.
- When the garlic starts to pop add the chicken breasts in to the pan rough side down and cover.
- Wait 2 minutes and then season with your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Cook uncovered for 3-4 more minutes and then turn it over. You don't want to turn it over until the bottoms of the chickens have turned white and the breasts feel rigid enough to turn without spilling the asparagus.
- Season back side of breasts and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
I made this as a WW recipe, so instead of using 1/2 c. olive oil, I used 1 Tbsp and subbed white wine for the rest. I seasoned the chicken with basil, oregano, salt and pepper. It made for a great dinner! Thanks!