1/1 Photo of Asparagus Strudel
If only thick stalks of asparagus are available, peel the stalks. Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and run under cold water until cold. If you have thin stalks, do not peel them, and blanch for only 1 minute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green part only
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups goat cheese
- 1/2 lb frozen puff pastry or 1/2 lb phyllo pastry, defrosted
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF
- 2Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic and leeks and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in mint and orange rind, season with salt and pepper and cool.
- 5Combine leek mixture with goat cheese.
- 6Lay pastry on a floured surface and roll out to a 10 x 14-inch rectangle.
- 7Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide cheese mixture in half.
- 8Pile half of mixture along upper third of pastry lengthwise, leaving a 1-inch wide border on short sides and top.
- 9Lay asparagus spears evenly over top of filling.
- 10Cover with remaining cheese mixture.
- 11Brush all inside edges of pastry with beaten egg.
- 12Fold pastry over filling and tuck ends under.
- 13Slash top of strudel on the diagonal every 2-inches.
- 14Brush with egg.
- 15Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 123.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: