Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A colorful salad mixed with baby leaf greens and topped with toasted pecans for an extra crunchiness and delight! This will be popular with any dinner! The colors are awesome!
Top Review by jungleseed
I made this the other day and it was just excellent. The only thing I changed is I served the asparagus warm on the greens -- the dressing then warms up a little, and the flavour mixes in a little better with the greens. Also I added some lime zest to the dressing. Overall superb recipe, thanks!
- 3 cups baby spring greens
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For Salad:.
- Rinse greens and tear pieces for 4 to 6 salad plates.
- Trim ends of asparagus and discard woody stems. Steam spears just until tender and plunge into ice water bath to retain bright green color and let cool. Remove and pat dry.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a fan shape over salad greens. Add strawberry slices and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- For Honey Lime Dressing:.
- Mix juice of lime, honey, mayonnaise and sour cream together. This will be a thin dressing, but makes a wonderful drizzle over salad.