Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Last Christmas, my grandma put this dish on the table, only to receive a few odd looks, she said these were the ingredients she had left over and had to do something with them, surprisingly it works incredibly well.
- 400 g fresh asparagus
- 200 g punnet strawberries (or whatever punnet size you get)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Avocado Oil Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup avocado oil
- 1 large crushed garlic clove (1 tsp prepared)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil, finely chopped (my gran used parsley or whatever she had)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus for 4 minutes until tender.
- Refresh in a bowl of icy water to retain color.
- Halve strawberries.
- Cut up avocado and put 1 tbsp lemon juice over to prevent browning.
- Cut asparagus in half.
- Place all items in serving dish.
- Avocado Oil Dressing:.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle over salad.